This compilation is an accompaniment to Nigel Barlow's new book, Rock your Presentation - a new guide to speaking with passion (Little, Brown UK, April 2016), which is available also on iTunes.
The music is there for inspiration to trigger great speaking, and all songs here are referred to in the text up to the end of chapter one. Except for John the Revelator by Son House, a wonderful acapella example of call-and-response. And, from 2015, Depreston, a nice piece of 'slacker rock' from Australia's Courtney Barnett.
All worth listening to for the music alone – but also for understanding how to put your message over more strikingly.
Rock your Presentation!
- For What it’s Worth by Buffalo Springfield
- Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin
- Being Boring by Pet Shop Boys
- Psycho Killer (live) by Talking Heads
- Should Have Known Better by Sufjan Stevens
- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by Cat Power
- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones
- Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles
- John the Revelator by Son House
- Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
- Lazuli by Beach House
- My Old Man by Joni Mitchell
- Do it Again by Steely Dan
- Paranoid Android by Radiohead
- Johnny Delusional by FFS
- Sun is Shining by Bob Marley
- Sound and Vision by David Bowie
- Stan by Eminem
- Diamonds and Rust by Joan Baez
- Depreston by Courtney Barnett